An audience of over 300 attendees in construction, real estate and property development and management, engineering solutions, specialist contractors, and other related industries heard insights from Mukund Sridhar, Partner at McKinsey Singapore, and the five founding members of the Asia Construction Technology Alliance.
Construction is a key pillar in many countries, yet remains among one of the least digitalised industries. The COVID-19 pandemic has severely impacted construction operations, major infrastructure projects and the global flow of manpower. Longer-term, climate change remains a major threat. These are among the many vulnerabilities in construction which tech entrepreneurs are already solving today.
Wavemaker startups were:
– Novade – Digitised construction processes to increase productivity, insights and safety
– Ackcio – Reliable wireless monitoring system for construction sites to manage risks and increase safety
– HydroLeap – Wastewater treatment for 50% lower cost, environmentally friendly and automated Other startups featured were:
– Sama – Enabling employers to hire workers faster and ethically
– Ampd – Electrification of sites to reduce carbon emission, noise & increase productivity
The event was moderated by Regina Tan, Founder and CEO of Venture Brander RCo and former Bloomberg reporter, and brought to you by Enterprise Singapore, Hong Kong Science and Technology Parks Corporation, InvestHK, PropertyGuru, GeoWorks, and Wavemaker Partners.
The webinar covered new happenings in construction and startups are using technology to address productivity and sustainability challenges in the built environment.
Find McKinsey’s report, The next normal in construction: How disruption is reshaping the world’s largest ecosystem here.
Enter your information and you’ll be redirected to the download link to the webinar recording and slides.